This month's developments include:
- The Next System Project released their newest video, Transforming Cities, Changing the System. They also published an interview with the historian Jessica Gordon Nembhard.
- We release our latest C-W Interview with community economics expert Michael Shuman.
- Director of Special Projects Steve Dubb commented on the role of Community Development Credit Unions in an article in Yes! Magazine.
- President & Co-Founder Ted Howard spoke at the German Marshall Fund’s Bilbao Urban Innovation and Leadership Dialogues (BUILD) conference in Spain; Executive Director of the Next System Project Joe Guinan and Director of Research Thomas Hanna discussed public ownership in an article in openDemocracy. Thomas also opened a Pennsylvania Public Bank Projectconference and webinar at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Democracy Collaborative Co-Founder Gar Alperovitz delivered the opening plenary keynote address at the 2015 Social Capital Markets Conference (SOCAP), and published articles in Truthout, Yes! Magazine, and Al Jazeera. Gar also spoke at the 45th Annual Congressional Black Caucus Legislative Conference and on Boston public radio’sOpen Source with Christopher Lydon.