This month’s developments include:
- We feature a short documentary about the Thunder Valley Community Development Corporation, a participant in our Learning/Action Lab for Community Wealth Building.
- On May 20, we hosted the National Launch webinar for the Next System Project, moderated by Laura Flanders of GRITtv. We feature webinar panelists Angela Glover Blackwell, founder and CEO of PolicyLink, and Juliet Schor, professor of Sociology at Boston College, in two new videos from the Next System Project.
- The Next System Project is featured in Waging Nonviolence and Treehugger. Research Director Steve Dubb discussed the trajectory of the new economy movement in Shelterforce magazine’s Rooflines.
- The Democracy Collaborative Co-Founder Gar Alperovitz contributed an article to Al Jazeera, and draws on the Roosevelt Institute’s most recent report, Rewriting the Rules of the American Economy, written by Nobel laureate economist Joseph Stiglitz
- Recommended reads: Cooperation among Cooperatives: Quantifying the Business Case for Credit Unions and Other Cooperatives, Filene Research Institute; Powerful Partners: Lessons from Community Foundations about Resident Engagement, CFLeads; Flexible Savings: The Missing Foundation for Financial Security and Economic Mobility, New America; Austin Co-Op Summit 2015: Local Government Support for Cooperatives, Democracy at Work Institute & Austin Cooperative Business Association
- Featured websites: Ecotrust; Co-op Law